Pages

Thursday 2 May 2019

Manaiakalani : Prototype


Following an eventful and hectic Term, managed to use the break time to start to sly that dragon that had been breathing a furious fire during the 3 day Manaiakalani Hui and the 1 day KPMG workshop.

Below is the first of many adjustments, refinements and tweaking of the prototype developed to solve the problem of low achievement in Mathematics with the Year 6 students.

The prototype has been used with the students when solving mathematical problems in context using the process of PPMS. The Problem, Plan, Method and Solution framework (see below), is the start of my inquiry. 

I have shared the framework not only with my students, but I have asked for feedback from my work colleague at school, my coach who is the Principal and one other person outside the organisation who is in a teaching role. There honest and professional feedback has posed further questions and adjustments to the framework.

More importantly I have used the framework with those students who have been identified has my target audience. Although its in its infancy stage of development, I will continue to seek feedback and clarification from those who will help and support me on this journey. I still have many unanswered questions, BUT I am starting to remove myself from that learning pit ... still crawling!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Santi
    Glad you enjoyed the Summit and obviously getting a lot out of the experience. Have any of these experiences contributed to slaying your dragon? What has happened since then to your dragon and what has changed with your intervention? It would be great to hear about the changes you have made or the ideas you have since included. Are you satisfied with the testing you have done on your problem? What research evidence have you used to help you? What valued learning outcomes (VLO's) do want to achieve as a result of your intervention? Where are you up to in your thinking Santi? Looking forward to seeing what stage you are at.

    ReplyDelete