Pages

Friday 7 September 2018

Week 2 - DFI

WOW ... another week of intensive learning and tips. Today was a day I thought a knew everything about Gmail/Calendar, BUT again learnt more tips and techniques to help with workflow.

What was very cool was when we started using Google Hangouts/Meet. Something I will be using with both staff and students at Wesley Primary School. The functionality allows you with remote meetings, video calling and OR screen sharing.

Both Gerhard and Dorothy put us under pressure and were asked to create a Google Hangout.
Sarah, Kiri and I took up the challenge and created our very own Hangout. See below for our group effort. Disclaimer: There appears to be a issue with the sound!

This course has further reinforced the important of using the technology to help your workflow in and out of school.




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Santi. Having to screen record our google hangout certainly tested my technological skills and if it makes you feel better we also had sound issues :). I agree about the course highlighting the importance of utilising google tools to improve our work flow. It's been good to have the opportunity to give the time and headspace to focusing on these tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Santi
    I've found the time spent on workflow really useful and it has definitely helped. I enjoyed your reflections on the day. It's also interesting to find the right tool for the job. Hangouts is good in some contexts I think. See you on Friday.
    From Lucy

    ReplyDelete